Saturday, January 24, 2009

Busy Week




Whew. This has been a full week.
Monday KiKi, LuLu, Christopher and I met up with J and her daughter. We met in Old Sac. Neat area. Lots of little Tourist Trap shops. We had lunch, walked around, bought candy, went to a train museum and then had a snack before our visiting time was done.
I love all of us being able to be together. The girls get along very good. Christopher was wonderful. He is such a good baby. It was kind of fun for me to look at him and compare him with J. They have some similar features and he gets some of the same looks that she does. Most of the time I see Joe in him but sometimes he will do something and I'll think "that looks just like J". I have to admit that I had a small fear that Christopher would know that J was his bio mom when she held him and that he would like her better (yes, I know that is stupid but I want to make this blog honest about my feelings/thoughts and that is something that I thought). I think that KiKi really helped me with that silly thought. While we were waiting for J to arrive KiKi told me how lucky that Christopher is to have two mommy's who love him so much. KiKi is one smart 13 year old!
The rest of the week I have spent taking care of Christopher and trying to get bookkeeping work done. W-2's and 1099's and all the year end tax stuff is due. I have been working alot more than I had been and some days it is challenging. I'll be working on the computer while on speaker phone and nursing or holding Christopher. One day I swear that he didn't let me put him down for more than 5 minutes at a time! I managed to work 5 hours that day while holding him.
The breast feeding is going okay. I was hoping to have a little more milk than I do. And that Lact-Aid thing didn't work out so good for me. The idea of it is good but I swear that it hurt all the way to my back bone when he nursed on me with that thing. It was like he had to suck waaaaay too hard. So now I nurse him and we supplement with a bottle. He seems to be okay with going back and forth without any nipple confusion. I am hoping that my production will increase a little bit. We had some breast milk donated from a surro friend which lasted the first couple of weeks. That was so wonderful. And on Monday J gave me almost a full camping size cooler of milk. So we combine my milk, J's milk and formula now. He seems good with that mixture. But I'll tell you the kid will eat himself sick if I let him. The doctor said only 3 ounces at a time due to him having little spit up issues. Christopher thinks he is on a starvation diet when we stop at 3 ounces. One day I gave him a little extra and up it all came. I guess the doc knows what he is talking about.
Angel and Bear are doing good. We are hoping to see them in March. Both are staying busy right now and Angel says that married life is ok. They are actually going to be moving soon so that should be very fun for them.


1 comment:

Cyn said...

I love his little hat! He's so darn cute! So good to hear that you were able to meet up with J, I'm sure that was good for her too.

I do know what you mean about being worried Christopher would respond differently to J. I was quite worried about that after the twins were born. I was hesitant to even hold them much, but really they didn't show any signs and were quite pleased with their mom & dad. They didn't respond any differently to me than they did to grandma. I think that's a normal worry.