Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Moving Right Along

Angel just left- again. She had came back for a few days but since she has to work tomorrow she went back to the city. I won't see her again until a couple of days before her wedding. I'm feeling sad but happy that she is stepping out on her own. And also happy that I was able to pass off lots of household items that she could use for her apartment. So much easier than packing it up and putting it in storage.

Lactation induction went better today. I still am not getting much milk but I am getting some. I have lots of hope that I will see improvement in a week or so. I am experiencing some cracked, ummm, 'parts' but I think that will get better soon. I know that pumping is not going to be anything like the actual nursing so it will be good if I can get my 'parts' toughened up. lol.


Another big day for packing and organizing. The walls are beginning to close in on the trailer with each load of stuff I take out there. What seemed like a semi-spacious area appears to be getting smaller and smaller. Putting my clothes in the closet I was beginning to wonder (as I was trying to shove a sweater in a drawer not meant for sweaters) what in the world were we thinking?


LuLu is feeling a little sad tonight. We won't be able to move our chickens. I thought we had a new home for them but that didn't pan out. I posted an ad on our freecycle and I'm hoping some very nice person wants them. These chickens are more like pets. And while they do give us great eggs their true purpose has been more of entertainment. One of the chickens (Bambi) even gets carried around. We got the chickens as freshly hatched babies with the assumption that they were all girls. We brought home 8. They were just little balls of feathers that looked like fur. A few months later we realized that one of our 8 was not a hen. LuLu was quite surprised the morning that she was out caring for them and 'Sara' started crowing. We renamed Sara Samuel. The 8 of them were a riot to watch. They talked all the time it was great. And then we lost one of our girls- very sad. When Samuel was about a year old he discovered just what a rooster was made to do. My poor little hens. He liked them so much that he rubbed the feathers off of 5 of them. Not a good thing. Then Samuel decided that he liked the girls so much that we couldn't go anywhere near them. Samuel now lives on a free range chicken ranch with about 80 hens to 'take care of'. A much better situation for Samuel.
Tomorrow will be another day of packing and pumping. I might try to throw in a little bookkeeping too.


1 comment:

Cyn said...

Pick up some Lansinoh or a lanolin product-it made a huge difference for me, just to 'lubricate' the parts.