Thursday, October 23, 2008

Four Girls and a Boy


Angel is 'officially' moved out. Her bed is still here and a bit of clothes that she said she couldn't get washed and could I please wash them and bring them when I bring her bed to her (she still needs me!). When we are closer to moving she will also take a few items that she asked for from my junk. Namely, this desktop computer that I am typing on right now and the desk that I am resting the computer and my arms and coffee cup on. I'm glad that she can use them and it is better than putting them in storage. I have a new laptop which makes more sense for our soon to be tight quarters.

Bear seems to be doing well adjusting to life back in school. I know that she is incredibly busy. She has a full load at school, works 20 hours a week there in one of the theatre departments and also has two other little jobs that she works weekends only at. I am impressed with her drive but worry about her a little too. She did seem very happy and healthy though when we saw her on Sunday.

KiKi told me last night that she is breaking up with her 'boyfriend' so she can have some freedom before we move away. Okay let me explain this boyfriend. She is waaaay too young to date or have a boyfriend. But she calls him that. They see each other at school and twice he has come over here and under close super vision (and an 11 year old spy- LuLu) they were allowed to play video games and his guitar. That is the extend of her relationship. Oh and the phone. I am truly beginning to wonder if the phone is attaching itself to KiKi's ear. It might end up needing to be surgically removed. I'm not quite sure what kind of freedom that she is wanting from this obviously engulfing relationship but that is what she said.
LuLu is growing up right before my eyes and very fast. She is the same height as KiKi now and both of them are only about 3 inches shorter than me (I'm not very tall at 5'2"). LuLu actually came to me yesterday to borrow a shirt. I'm not sure how I feel about my 11 year old borrowing my clothes. But then I kind of like it that she thinks my clothes are acceptable for wearing by an 11 year old.

(For some reason I do not have a picture of LuLu by herself on my computer.)


Baby will be here before we know it. J is 28+ weeks along. I think about J and Baby often. It is hard for me not to call her up all the time and ask her what he is doing. Is he kicking? Is he turning? Does he have the hiccups? I am curious about it all but I don't want to be a stalker so I limit my calls. It was great to be able to go down last weekend. Just to be around J and see how beautiful and healthy she is makes me happy. Once we are living closer to her I imagine that she will get sick of seeing me. I plan to make it to every appointment that she has from here on out. Looking at this picture of baby is so odd. It is amazing that technology can give us such a clear view of babies that are still in the womb. Joe and I have been enjoying the DVD that came with our package. Watching him move around is wonderful. We can see his little hands going all over the place in the video. It is very fun!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is one of the cutest u/s photos that I have ever seen, he's simply scrumpcious!!!

Cyn said...

I can't imagine that she would mind. I'm sure she wants to make this everything you want as well.

Now that you won't have to drive for hours to get to ultrasounds I'll look forward to visiting some on your way back home :)

Jaymee said...

you have a beautiful family. that u/s picture is one of the best i have ever seen, he is a very handsome little man.