Monday, October 27, 2008

Need to Rest from the Weekend

Whew. I'm glad it is Monday. This weekend was crazy busy. We packed, we took loads to storage, we spruced up the travel trailer, I had a birthday, we packed some more, we took more stuff to storage, etc, etc. That was our exciting weekend. I went to bed each night exhausted.



This morning we all got up early so KiKi could get to school for a field trip. She is part of the leadership group at school and they are visiting another school today. It is a huge thing for her that she loves. Joe and her left this morning at 6:05. Angel and Ogre who have their own apartment in the city have been here since Saturday. Ogre is still working in this town so they came back here and brought their laundry. I find it so amusing that after only being moved out for 3 days Angel came back with about 3 loads of laundry. I think that she is going to need to figure out how to go through less clothing or that coin operated laundry is going to cost her a fortune.



Our new home (AKA travel trailer) now has brand new flooring. We put in new tile and new carpet. The carpet is wonderful. So beautiful and feels so good. I'm going to give the place a good cleaning this week and then we will start moving stuff into it. Trying to scale down from a 3 bedroom home to a storage unit and two travel trailers is not going to be easy. We are parting with a few things. I'm using freecycle alot to get rid of some stuff. I like that we can pass it on to others to use. Once we get settled in Wyoming we will replace things.

I am only working very part time now and mostly from home. It is so odd to not go to work every day. I'm not sure how long it will take me to get used to it but I'm willing to give it a try!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

New carpet! Nothing beats new carpet, except maybe a new baby to throw up all over the new carpet!

I can hardly believe all of the big changes going on for your family right now! So exciting!!