Friday, October 24, 2008

A Packing Day

I am supposed to be packing right now. I've done a bit already and have decided that I need a break. I am happy that I have been doing lots of sorting and purging over the past few months when we were getting ready to put our house on the market. It should make this final packing easier.
Last night we took our first load to our storage unit. The storage unit is the size of a single car garage. I will be needing to get rid of quite a bit of stuff in order to get things to fit. I planned on getting rid of lots so I guess that is okay. The actual getting rid of might be difficult. But I keep reminding myself that it is just stuff and I shouldn't have any sort of emotional attachment to stuff.
Our plan is to move 2 weeks from tomorrow. I have a daily chore list mapped out for us and if we follow it then this should be fairly painless. Tonight we are taking Angel's stuff to her and KiKi and LuLu to their dads for the weekend. Tomorrow we are doing a few things to the trailer and then taking a couple of loads to the storage unit. Joe says that soon I will have nothing left in the house for us to sit on or sleep on but my 'plan' allows us to have both of those luxuries until shortly before the move. Silly man.
I should end my break and get back to it. I want to have all of the upper cabinets in the kitchen cleared and and packed up. Most of those items will go to storage instead of going with us since I don't use them often and space will be at a premium in the trailers. Our adventure is beginning!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

How exciting (with the right perspective)!! I've found that most of the 'upper kitchen cabinet' stuff is not even worth keeping.

You are amazing with plans and I have no doubt the packing will be painless. Two weeks?!! Unbelievable!