Thursday, October 30, 2008

Whirlwind Trip

Joe and I got home at 2AM from a quick trip to CA. Joe had a job interview down there. It is for a temp job with the Parks Department that he is very much hoping to get. We left here at 5:30 Tuesday night. Got down there at about 4AM. Slept a few hours then did some stuff that needed done before the interview. We went to the school that we are hoping to get the girls enrolled in. We have to cross school boundary lines to get them there so we had to find out what was involved with that. The process is now started and we should know the middle of next week if they will let them. I hope so because I refuse to send them to the school that they should go to. My second option may be homeschooling (gulp).
If the Parks job doesn't work out Joe will go back to work for the school district. He was with them for 19 years and they have told him that they would put him on a substitute. That would be just fine if needed but I know that Joe is really hoping the Parks job will pan out. He likes the idea of what he would be doing and feels it would be good experience. His interview was at 2 yesterday afternoon. He'll find out next week. Just in case he did get all of his paperwork in at the school. Either way will be okay. I'm not looking for work down there. I'm still the bookkeeper at my current job (love the Internet) and with the Wedding and the Baby coming we decided it didn't make sense for me to work at all. Even temp work which is what I had planned on. I guess that I will be plenty busy keeping my travel trailers tidy. Surely that will be a full time job in itself. LOL.
I was up early this morning and got my bookkeeper duties for the day done. Next on my agenda is cleaning my house. Then I'm going to go and work on the trailer. Clean it and start moving stuff out there. We only have one trailer here the other is in CA already. It is my sister and her husbands that they had planned on selling and instead are letting us use as long as we need. We won't take that one to Wyoming with us. It is older and there is a fear that it wouldn't make the trip. But it will sure make our CA life more comfortable. Some days I truly think we are nuts for doing this. Of course, then I remind myself that since our house sold so fast we really don't have much of a choice. It's all good.
One of my closest friends (also an Intended Mom via Traditional Surrogacy) may become a Mommy today. She called me this morning and they think that their surro's water broke. They are a couple of weeks early. I'm sure everything will be fine but all of my prayers are with them today.
I am totally bummed that we were only a couple of hours away from J but we didn't get to see her. It was just too quick of a trip for us to try and go down there too. Our anticipated moving day is November 8 and then I'll be able to pop over and see her more often. As nuts as I sometimes think that we are for our housing situation I am very glad that we will be down there. It will be nice to be so close for the birth and for afterwards. As we get closer to the baby being born I think about J even more. I'll probably have to do one of those big deep thoughtful posts again soon talking about my feelings of this whole surrogacy thing. But that is a post for a day when I have had more than 3 1/2 hours of sleep.