Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Working From Home

Today I am not really going into the office. I will stop by there later but for the most part my replacement will be handling everything. Of course, I have already spent a total of 30 minutes on the phone with her and it is not even yet 9AM. HMMMM. It is nice to be needed but I'm hopeful that soon she won't need me much at all.

I do have a busy day planned. There is a furnace guy coming sometime between 10 and noon to service the furnace as part of our sales agreement. Then I'll pop into the office for a short time (like an hour or less) then it is off to town. Angel has her second wedding dress fitting today and we are going to go to a bakery and chat about wedding cakes. Then we are going to the wedding/reception hall to take some measurements of the place so we can plan the layout. It is going to be challenging doing the wedding and reception in one place but that is what Angel and Ogre want so that is the way it will be.

Angel is officially moving out of my house tomorrow. Most of her stuff is at her new apartment and she starts her new job in the city on Thursday. Friday night Joe and will take her bed to her apartment. It is exciting for her but a little hard for me.

We are moving from here the first week of November. That is also exciting and hard. I know that in the end it will be worth it but I think the next few months will be challenging. I am very happy that KiKi and LuLu are still excited about this. I hope they are just as excited when we are a month or two into it. I figure that November will go well because it will all still be new. December will be okay because we will all be looking forward to Angel's wedding and Christmas. January will be great because that is when the baby is born. February might get a little iffy. The weather and the tight quarters will probably start to get to us. March will look better because in theory the weather will improve and we can get out more. April will be wonderful because we will be looking forward to early May when we head for Wyoming. So that doesn't sound so bad, right?

My biggest 'issue' with this move is the fact that we won't have a real house for a while. We will be wintering in California in two travel trailers and then when we get to Wyoming we will live in one trailer while we build our garage. We will then move into that while we wait for the house to get finished. We know that we can make the garage home-like so that won't be too bad. But I am feeling a little bad about bringing the baby home to a travel trailer. I guess we didn't plan this too well but we really didn't feel that we could reject the sales offer on our house because the timing wasn't the greatest. With the mortgage market the way it is we are feeling pretty darn lucky to have our house in escrow and if all goes well we will almost make a small profit (when I say small I mean very small). It will at least put us in a good position for moving to Wyoming in the spring.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Wow! The baby will honestly handle it all the best!