Thursday, September 11, 2008

Have looked at my little baby ticker lately? Isn't he cute!? Sometimes I visit my blog just to watch the baby ticker bounce around. Is that weird?

We are getting closer and closer to double digits. I spend alot of time imagining what he will look like. J is such a beautiful woman and Joe was such a cute baby and in my opinion a super handsome man. Here see for yourself. What do you think?


That is my cute husband at the Portland Rose Test Garden. He looks good standing around all those flowers. Very manly.

I'm thinking the combination of the two of them will make a super cute baby.

J and I don't really look alike. We are both similar in height but that is about it. When we were looking for a TS though it wasn't a requirement for her to look like me. We were looking totally for personality and stability. I know that it is pretty common to have a list of ideals for picking a surrogate. We didn't have that list. But I have to admit that I don't really feel like we picked J. I don't think she really picked us either. It just kind of worked out that we ended up doing this spectacular thing together. I don't think that I could have found anyone better to share this with. J has even been kind enough to share some of her pregnancy symptoms with me (I had another stinking leg cramp that woke me up last night- haven't had those since I was pregnant myself with LuLu but I've been getting them all the time since J got pregnant) and apparently I look pregnant according to some lady in town two days ago and the FedEx lady (thanks ladies!). Of course, J gets all the really fun pregnancy stuff (not). Yesterday she told me she is 'waddling' around. That makes me laugh. According to my baby update thing the baby weighs a full pound now and is about 10 inches long. No wonder she is waddling! He is getting to be a big guy. I am a little nervous for J about how big he will end up being at birth. Since both Joe and his brother were big babies (Joe was just under 10 pounds and his brother was just under 11 pounds) I have a slight fear that those big baby genes will take over and Baby will be HUGE. Unlikely, though. J has not had abnormally large babies.
Other things on my mind today...
Our house. The realtor came and took more photos last night after our new project completions. I am so impressed with how the listing looks on line and hope that the new pictures make it look even better. We thought we were having a showing yesterday but that didn't pan out. Realtor open house is next Wednesday. I don't really expect too much action on the house before that. And then maybe not even after. We are 19 miles east of the nearest real town. I wonder how many Realtors will even show up. We'll see. One thing kind of on our side is that there are no houses for sale in our little area. One thing against us is even though we live in the country we do not have acreage. We live on just over 1/3 of an acre. The land was originally part of a larger homestead but our 1/3 of an acre was donated to a church. So other than chickens and a small garden we are not any kind of 'farmers'. Hopefully there is someone out there looking for a house in the country with no land.
Tonight we go to the play. That should be fun. Bear is only staying a couple of more days. She is leaving Saturday. I have very much enjoyed having her here. Angel is getting ready to move out. She has an apartment in Portland with two roommates. She is looking for a job there and once she has something she will move. I'm happy for her that she is taking this step but sad at the same time. Watching my girls grow up has been wonderful but there are so many times when I want to slow it down. It doesn't seem possible that they are so old. I still see them in my mind as little girls. Now they are women developing their own lives. And KiKi and LuLu are right behind them. It won't be long until they are grown up too. Let's not even think about Baby growing up!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

The ticker thing is not weird. I often times check in just to watch them bouncing around.