Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's Saturday!


I love Saturday's. I sleep in late, then I lounge around for a little bit on the 'puter, then I make us a little brunch and then I get to work. We spend most of our Saturday's (and often Sunday's) working on fixing up this 108 year old home.

Before we were fixing it up for us, now we are fixing it up to sell. The realtor is coming on Monday to see about listing it so this weekend will be full. In fact, I should be making our brunch right now instead of sitting here typing so I can get to work. Joe has already been painting for 2 hours and I'm still in my jammies.

We have done quite a bit of work to this place. We are hoping that the realtor will agree and not want us to do much more. I'm about burnt out. It is not nearly as fun to fix up a place that we are selling compared to one we are trying to make 'ours'. I do love this house though. And part of me wishes we were staying here.

We live in the country. 19 miles east of the nearest real town. That town isn't very big (population of about 10,000) but if we drive about 45 minutes east we can get to a bigger town (of about 40,000) or 2 hours east to Portland (really big town). It is beautiful here. Our house sits up on a little hill and overlooks a slough and a small valley. The picture above is the view that we have from our front deck. Usually it is very green but we are having a dry year. You can't see the slough very well in the pic but it is there. I'll miss that view when we move to Wyoming. We are going to be put an offer in on a piece of property this coming week that has a pretty nice view too. Different but still nice. I am very hopeful that we will get it. No house on the property just a septic and a well so we will build a house. Fun times.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Very pretty! You're right, I've never seen things look so brown there. I thought the whole state was green!

Millie said...

Cyn,
It is so odd that it is not green. Our backyard is a forest so I'm hoping it doesn't dry out too much. A dry forest would scare me a bit.