Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Menu for the week

With going out of town for Joe's BeeBeeGa I got a little bit off on my menus. Happily I already had this weeks menu plan in place. It is not very exciting (simple food is my motto- think Little House on the Prairie simple) but it will be good to eat at home again. All of our meals for two days were eaten in restaurants. I love eating in restaurants but my tummy and my weight suffer from it. So here is the menu for the rest of the week.

Tuesday
Dinner: Lentils and rice with green salad

Wednesday
Breakfast: rice cereal, eggs and fruit
Lunch: Egg salad sandwiches, carrots and fruit
Dinner: lentil patties, green salad and pickled cucumbers

Thursday
Breakfast: oatmeal, eggs and fruit
Lunch: PB sandwiches, carrots and fruit
Dinner: Lentil loaf (think meatloaf with no meat), mashed potatoes and glazed carrots

Friday
Breakfast: Eggs, toast and fruit
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Homemade pizza and salad

Saturday
Brunch: Oatmeal pancakes with fruit
Dinner: Pork Roast, barley pilaf and zucchini

Sunday
Brunch: Baked french toast
Dinner: Egg foo young and veggie rice

Other additions to the meals will be some kind of bread, muffin or roll. I never quite know what until that day. It just depends on what I made the day before and what is leftover. And we always have fresh fruit and veggies available for snacking on.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Now that is organized planning. Sometimes we'll try to plan dinner menus, but it never occurred to me to do menus for breakfast and lunch as well.