Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Menu week of 8/18

Monday
We got home so late on Sunday night that I didn't have a plan for breakfast or lunch. So everyone was on their own with cold cereal and sandwiches.
Dinner: Salmon patty sandwiches, celery and carrot sticks and bread budding for dessert.

Tuesday
Breakfast: Butterscotch Oatmeal and a banana
Lunch: Deli meat and cheese sandwiches (Joe and I will pass on the bread part in all sandwiches for this week. We are hoping to lose a few pounds), carrot sticks, grapes
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner: Swedish Meatballs, Homemade egg noodles, salad

Wednesday
Breakfast: French Toast
Lunch: Egg Salad sandwich, celery and carrot sticks, plum
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner: Cheese Omelets and cinnamon rolls (okay, so the diet part and cinnamon rolls. KiKi has been asking for these and Joe loves them too. He says that he can eat just one.)

Thursday
Breakfast:Yogurt Parfait
Lunch: Tuna salad sandwiches, celery and carrot sticks, peaches
Snack: Deli meat and cheese cubes
Dinner: Pinto Beans, rice, Swiss chard

Friday
Breakfast: Oatmeal Pancakes, peaches
Lunch: PB & J sandwiches (I'm not sure what I will make for Joe and me yet), carrot and celery sticks and whatever fruit that I have left.
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner: Tacos made with taco hamburger meat, refried beans (leftover from last night), rice, cheese, sour cream and cabbage all put in homemade flour tortillas.

Saturday
Brunch: Baked Oatmeal
Snack: yogurt
Dinner: Enchilada Casserole, green salad

Sunday
Brunch: Crepes
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner: Roasted Chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli


You will notice a lot of yogurt in my menu. Now that I have a good recipe for making it I plan to take advantage of it. Joe, LuLu and I have irritable stomachs. Yogurt helps, so adding a daily serving is something we are going to try for a few weeks.

I am also working on simplifying things a bit. I read on someones blog that they eat the same thing for breakfast each week. Every Monday they have eggs, every Tuesday pancakes, etc. I thought I would try that for a while and see how it goes. If anyone complains I can always switch it around. But chances are good no one will notice. We'll see. I think with school starting again in two weeks I will do the same for lunches. Sure would make it easier on me not having to come up with new stuff each week. And it would make the grocery shopping easier too. I'm liking the idea.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

I still can't get over your ability to make full day menus and stick with them-with a family. I could maybe do it if it was just me, but my goodness! Simply amazing!!

Millie said...

Cyn,
I am super woman didn't you know? lol. The menu's help me so much. I make the menu, then make my shopping list, drive 45 minutes one way 2 times a month for grocery shopping (Joe picks up things like milk and fresh fruit/veggies as needed in the town he works in) then in theory all I have to do is look at the menu each night to see what I am making the next day. It works so much better for me than my old way of getting home from work and staring in the pantry or fridge for 20 minutes trying to figure out what to make!
And to be honest while we eat what is on the menu about 95% of the time sometimes we stray. Like this morning was cold cereal all around and I slept and extra 20 minutes- whoohoo!