Saturday, August 2, 2008

Purging and favorites

Yesterday I purged some of my books. I now have 2 garbage bags full for our local 'library'. The library is a section at our feed store here in my small little area. I kept more books than I probably should have but for some reason it is hard for me to part with my favorites. I am the type of person who will re-read a book I love.

This morning I started on the movies. I didn't do as good with them. I only buy movies that I already love so it is hard for me to part with them. There are some movies on my shelf that I have watched a dozen or more times. It kind of drives my husband nuts when I want to watch one of my old favorites. I never tire of some of them.

My favorite movies in no particular order:
The Long Kiss Goodnight
The Matrix
Die Hard (1, 2 and 4)
Lethal Weapon (all 4 of them)
The Day After Tomorrow
Armageddon
G.I. Jane
The Transporter (1 and 2)
Legally Blonde (1 and 2)
Con Air (Nicolas Cage looks sooo good with long hair in a wife beater. yummy)

My favorite books:
The Red River Series
Return to Red River Series
The Love Comes Softly Series
The Little House Books

Do you have a book that you re-read or a movie that you watch over and over?

1 comment:

Cyn said...

We have SO many books we could literally open a used book store. My DH has a huge list of books he wants to own and read before he dies. He's read a good chunk of the books hogging up space in our house, but he's got a full retirement ahead. We don't buy movies as often though.

I have a horrible memory for story lines so I can reread a book or rewatch a movie and only vaguely remember watching or reading it. I just reread Midwifes because I forgot I had read it already.