Friday, August 29, 2008

This Week

This has been a very long week. My home computer has a virus so it is now with some smart guy who knows how to fix it. How in the world will I survive the weekend without a computer? I am almost breaking out in hives just thinking about it. I don't even know if I can cook without the computer since I get most of my recipes from there. My poor family might have to just eat cold sandwiches all weekend. haha.

Last night I did the most boring job ever. Joe and I climbed up on our roof and picked the moss out of the roof cracks. You have never lived until you have picked moss out of cracks. I am going to make a list of things that I will not miss about living in the Pacific Northwest. Top of the list will be 'picking moss out of the cracks'. The tips of my fingers are actually raw and bloody. And the bad part. We only were able to finish half of the roof last night and have to go back up tonight. Sob.

This weekend will be more house fixing up work. We only have a small list to complete before the house goes on the market. And it is mostly easy stuff.

Monday my oldest daughter is coming home for a couple of weeks. She went away to college last fall. Last year she lived on campus. After school ended she moved in with my folks (which is only about 20 minutes from college). She has been working and traveling over the summer but now has some time off so she is coming home. We are all excited. It is amazing to me to have two adult children. Bear is 19 and Angel is 18. I wonder how they got so old. I wonder how I got so old. They are both amazing. I look at them and think "WOW. How did I get these girls? How did they turn out so good?" Have I mentioned that Bear will turn 20 on January 3rd? Our baby is due January 10th. 20 years between the oldest and the youngest. Wowzers.

No comments: